AN INTEGRAL DEVELOPMENT AND FLOWERING OF THE CHILD
THROUGH SCHEME OF INTEGRAL EDUCATION
- Our school aims to synthesise the best of modern methods in education with Integral Education as enunciated by Sri Aurobindo and The Mother.
- It seeks to become one of the best schools in providing Integral Education.
- Children coming out of the Institution will become SELF DEVELOPING souls with an all round Physical, Emotional, Mental, Psychological and Spiritual development.
- The Physical, the body, concerns itself with health education and physical training.
- The Vital, the emotions, impulses and desires, energies of action deals with the thorough training of the five senses and the character development.
- The Mental, the power of mind and intelligence concerns itself with the development of the faculties such as observation, reasoning, judgment, imagination and analysis.
- The Psychic, the soul or the deeper spiritual element, relates to the education of moral code of conduct and Spiritual aspirations for Self Progress.
Thus our vision is,
- To provide soul based education by bringing forth innate wisdom and divine potential to blossom.
- To bring balance in the personality of the being, through harmonious and all-round development of the child.
- To be centered within oneself and to be spiritually connected with the inner soul and thereby extend one’s experience to the nation and the world.
- To find in ourselves the power to self transform.
- To raise and expand our Consciousness.
Our Aims and Values
- To develop children as self developing souls with an integral personality.
- To synthesize the ancient aim of Self knowledge with the modern aim of world knowledge.
- To make education life oriented, experiential, creativity oriented and value oriented.
- To help children root themselves in the eternal values of India’s spiritual culture.
- To educate children not only for material success but to develop their knowledge.
- To be self disciplined.
- To aspire for perfection and not for mere success.
Integral Education Ideals
Our school is guided by Sri Aurobindo’s three principles of teaching:
- The first principle of true teaching is that nothing can be taught. The Teacher is not an instructor or task-master, he is a helper and a guide…
- The second principle is that the mind has to be consulted in its growth. The idea of hammering the child into the shape desired by the parent or teacher is a barbarous and ignorant superstition. It is he himself who must be induced to expand in accordance with his own nature…
- The third principle of education is to work from the near to the far, from that which is, to that which shall be.
In the light of these three principles we need:
- To show the true purpose of teaching which is to bring forth the hidden knowledge within the child and help it to rise to the surface.
- To help every child to develop his own intellectual, aesthetic, emotional, moral, spiritual being and his/her communal life and impulses out of his own temperament and capacities.
- To develop the child’s mental faculties and build the powers of his mind.
- To enable the teachers to develop their zeal for perpetual progress.
Other Guiding Principles
- Human development critically depends on the ambience: the opportunities generated and the material support provided in a free and joyous environment.
- Learner learns when motivated.
- Learning lasts long when it is experiential.
- Every learner has potential to learn on one’s own.
- Learning betters as one becomes progressively independent of the teacher in the classroom.
- Pace of learning varies from student to student.
Ours is a school …
“Where the mind is without fear and the head is held high.”
Where the ground is a happy playfield,
Where the walls are an embracing home,
Where the ceiling is a sacred temple dome.
“Where tireless striving stretches its arms towards perfection.”
To such an adventure of joy we invite you to…
Love to Learn
Learning to Learn